The attraction and holding of ferromagnetic objects is effected by passing an electric current through the coil of the electromagnet. When the power current is disconnected, the object held is released. When working with suspended loads safety standards must be respected.
Degree of protection IP65
Thermal Class B (130)
Rated voltage 24V DC
Normalised Duty cycle: ED 100%. For other voltages, ED or sizes, please consult us.
Such electromagnets must be activated only in contact with the metal object to be held.
They are intended for intensive operation without limit of movements and in permanent service. Their main benefit is a strong holding force with moderate power consumption.
Coils standardized 24 V = ED. 100% continuous operation.
Standard terminals included free-of-charge, for all sizes.
Supply possibilities on request:
- With terminal from model IMAVEM25 upwards.
- Connector from model IMAVEM65 upwards.
The connector has 4 options for its positioning (4 × 90º) and is suitable for alternating current (AC) voltage.
The following table gives the holding force values (Fm) according to the air gap (.DELTA.L) and measured under the following conditions:
- Dc supply (DC).
- Flat holding piece (3μ roughness) in AºSt37, the thickness of which is indicated in the table and dimensions to be greater than the magnetic face of the electromagnet.
- 35 ° C ambient temperature.
- Coil stabilized at its working temperature.
Under any other conditions, the magnetic force (Fm) may decrease.
|Code||P a 20ºC (W)||e (mm)||Entrehierro (mm) ?L|
|0||0.1||0.2||0.5||1||Fuerzas magnéticas de mantenimiento Fm (N)|
e (mm): thickness of the piece to hold
- Free terminals: Ref: IMAVEM (type) -V-ED%
Example: IMAVEM 65-24Vdc-ED100
- Connector (C): Ref: IMAVEM (type) / C-V-ED%
Exemplo: IMAVEM65 / C-24VDC-ED100
- Terminal block (B): Ref: IMAVEM (type) / B-V-ED%
Exemplo: IMAVEM50 / B-24VDC-ED100%
|Code||Electromagnet weight (Kg)||ØA (-0.3) (mm)||B||C (±0.1) (mm)||D (mm)||E (mm)||F (mm)|
Important: the clamp screw must not exceed the dimension D.
* On request, can be manufactured to any size, voltage, duty cycle, etc.
CE-products meet the standards for low voltage 73/23. Compliance to EMC 89/366 EEC should be ensured by the user.
When used for lifting and handling of loads a minimum safety factor of 3 should be used, the weight of the load must be at least one third of the holding force.
Fields of application:
These electromagnets are used, among other applications, to handle and manipulate ferromagnetic objects in industrial robotics, for positioning of parts, for maintaining fire doors, ventilation and general safety.
Clicking on the image , hold and turn.